Share the love and spread some smiles amongst the seniors in your life with our 5 Valentines Day activities for seniors!
Valentines Day like any holiday can be a lonely time for seniors, especially if their loved one has passed away. But Valentines Day isn’t just a day for couples – anyone can celebrate and it is the perfect day to show you care.
If you’re looking for an activity to help you share the love on Valentines Day, look no further!
- Make a sweet treat. Valentines day is synonymous with sweet treats, so why not make or bake something tasty to share! Ask what their favourite cake or desert is and share the end result together.
- Share memories of loved ones. What better way to spend Valentines Day than a romantic walk down memory lane? Consider going through old photos or watching old videos. If this isn’t possible ask about how they met their hubby or wife, their courting days or their wedding and get ready for walk down memory lane!
- Play Valentines Day puzzles. Word games keep the brain engaged so why not try putting a romantic spin on your usual game of scrabble or play Valentines Day bingo! Try to use as many romantic words as possible such as love, date, cupid, hearts and flowers.
- Design Valentines Day cards. Another fun activity is to get crafty and make Valentines Day cards for seniors to give to their loved ones. They might make one for their other half, son, daughter or grandchild.
- Have a movie night. Find out what their favourite classic or romantic movie is and watch it with them. Whether just the two of you or a family affair, a romantic movie or rom-com is a Valentines Day essential and a great way for family to spend quality time together!