Glenvale Villas is very proud to be part of the Toowoomba community. We love living in this area of Queensland.
It’s fun to brag if you’re a Toowoomba local, but just in case you are thinking about moving here for aged care, or just don’t get the time to look around Toowoomba as much as you’d like, here are the top ten things we love about Toowoomba:
- It’s cooler in Toowoomba. When our Queensland cities are sweltering in the heat, Toowoomba generally experiences less extreme temperatures as it is 700m above sea level. Generally a max of 28 degrees in summer and 17 degrees in winter.
- There is always something to do or see in town. From art exhibitions, to stage productions, and workshops, we are never short of some great entertainment. Check out the great Toowoomba Living website showcasing what’s happening in Toowoomba
- It’s close to everything. Just 125km from Brisbane it is close enough for family to visit or for a day trip to Brisbane.
- Parks galore. There are over 150 beautiful and varied parks in Toowoomba. We love to try different parks for a picnic or a stroll in the fresh air.
- It’s clean and green. Toowoomba, the Garden City, is a city that prides itself on its environment. So you will be hard pressed finding litter ridden parks, paths and roadways.
- We experience seasons. For those who do not live in Queensland, you’ll be thinking WHAT are you talking about? So we’ll let you in on a secret – Queensland pretends to have four seasons! Matter of fact, it has two – Summer and then Winter. There is precious little in between. In Toowoomba we relish the spring buds on trees and the autumn leaves lining our streets and parks. It’s the reason our roses grow so well, our flowers bloom heavily in spring and our grass is actually always greener!
- The Carnival of Flowers. This is both an exciting challenge to gardeners (including those at Glenvale Villas) and an amazing carnival to experience for gardening enthusiasts. Held in September, you can wander around parks and open gardens to take in the splendour of spring colour.
- For a relatively small city, we have a plethora of coffee shops and restaurants serving exceptional quality fare. Take a look at Toowoomba restaurants on Tripadvisor and take your pick!
- There are plenty of spots to paint for the budding artist. From landscape vistas across the range, to Japanese garden scenes, if you love to paint or draw, Toowoomba does not disappoint. In addition Toowoomba has some very good art galleries and art classes.
- Toowoomba is older lifestyle friendly. The pace is slower than the bigger cities in South East Queensland. The population is less dense. This means friendliness and community spirit abound. People greet each other and have time for a chat. It’s easy to get around. We believe Toowoomba embraces its older population in an integrated, meaningful way. We are very proud to operate as part of this community.