We understand moving into a Retirement Villages can seem a little complex, so we have created this guide to help you understand the process of moving into your new home.
Entry Process - 10 Simple Steps
Tour Glenvale Villas, choose your new home unit.
Pay a refundable deposit to hold your unit.
Provide your medical information for a health assessment.
Our Care Co-ordinator contacts you for a health assessment to determine your care needs and that we can meet your needs.
Try Before you Buy (optional for some potential residents)
- Residents may elect a short stay under ‘Try Before You Buy’
- Typical length of stay about 4 or 5 days
- An ‘Occupation Licence’ or short-term lease is required
Return to Glenvale for lunch, meet the management team and sign contracts
- Resident signs the contracts and provides Power of Attorney Documents
Glenvale Contract List:
- Public Information Document (PDI)
- Application for Residence
- Personal Services Agreement
- Privacy Agreement
- Carpark Licence Agreement
- Real Estate Authority
Your first cooling off period is 7 days from signing the PID by both parties.
During your first cooling off period, seek independent legal advice on the contracts.
Your second cooling off period is 14 days from the signing of the Agreement to lease by both parties
You can move in:
- When the contract is unconditional or settled
- After the power is connected
- After the phone is connected